Boys & Girls Clubs can change lives
Through a variety of academic and recreational programs, BGCM empowers members to make productive use of their time and wise decisions in their lives. It’s how we’re opening doors for Memphis kids every day, at the positive place for kids.
Research shows that Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis have an immediate and long-lasting positive impact on our members’ lives. The proof of our effectiveness is in these statistics about our members:
- In 2023, 100% of BGCM seniors have graduated from high school on time and with a plan for the future. Our Technical Training Center has produced a 100% job or college placement rate for its participants.
- 75% of members report receiving mostly A’s & B’s
- 94% of members said they can stand up for what is right
- 98% of Club teens expect to graduate from high school
- 75% of regularly attending members volunteer in their community
- 97% of members said their ideas count in our Clubs
What makes a Boys & Girls Club so special?
- Our doors are always open and no child is ever turned away
- Membership dues are just $10 per person and no child is ever turned away
- We recognize each child’s individual needs
- Mentors work one-on-one with each child
- Boys & Girls Club Staff are professionally trained
- We believe, and have demonstrated, that positive influences work!
- Children are encouraged to make appropriate decisions in all areas of their lives, not just socially and academically