Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis’ mission statement is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis was founded in April of 1962 and has served the community for more than 60 years. Our organization has evolved from one club serving 162 members to 19 Clubs, one Technical Training Center, and one summer residence camp meeting the needs of over 5,500 members.
We provide after-school care for children ages 6-18, Monday through Friday from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. with programs in six core areas:
- Education and Leadership
- Character Development
- Healthy Life Choices
- Career Awareness
- Athletics and
- the Arts.
Students also take part in site-by-site programs including Karate, ballet, robotics, foreign languages, cultural studies, soccer, tennis, and much more. Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis is a safe, stable place that ensures physical and emotional safety while discouraging crime and violence in our local communities.
Provide a life-affirming and inspiring experience that assures success is within reach of every young person who enters our doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Our Core Beliefs
A Boys & Girls Club provides:
- A safe place to learn and grow
- Ongoing relationships with caring, consistent, and stable adult professionals
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences
- Hope and opportunity
Our mission is the Boys & Girls Club Movement’s reason for being:
To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring responsible citizens.
Child Safety Hotline
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Please review the following protocols that have been implemented for your child’s safety:
- Face Coverings: It is recommended but not required that you wear a face covering/mask while in our facilities for your protection and others. Our staff will also follow the same recommendation to wear protective face coverings.
- 6FT Social Distancing Policies: All Club members, staff, and visitors in our facilities are recommended to follow social distancing practices and maintain a minimum of 6 feet distance from other members and staff.
- Access May Be Restricted in Certain Areas: All open areas inside the Clubs have been evaluated and redesigned where necessary to help ensure social distancing between members. This may mean that some areas and equipment will be closed in order to allow for social distancing.